The fees charged by locksmiths nearly always vary depending on the service that is being performed. The majority of these services are billed on a “per service” basis for their associated fees. That is, you come to an agreement with regard to the cost of performing a certain service, and then, once the job is finished, you are billed for that amount. The majority of the time, locksmiths charge a fixed amount for their services rather than billing by the hour.
Types of Services
There are a lot of factors that determine how much a locksmith costs. Here are the most common fees for hiring a locksmith, such as those for rekeying or changing a lock, getting keys out of locks, and putting in deadbolts.
- Rekeying Locks in Residential Properties. HomeAdvisor estimates that the cost of rekeying a lock is from $40 to $100, in addition to the cost of the new lock, which ranges from $15 to $40. You may expect to pay an additional travel charge, which might range anywhere from $50 to $100.
- Changing a house’s locks and keys. Having locks installed on your home will typically cost between $50 and $300, but this price might go up if you need a service visit outside of normal business hours or you want electronic locks. If any drilling is necessary during the replacement process or if the lock is built into a handle, the cost to replace the locks will be significantly higher.
- Electronic lock installation. The installation of an electronic security system typically ranges in price from $100 to $400, and there are a few distinct charges related to this task. The installation of an entire electronic system in a smart home will cost anywhere from $400 to $1,800 on average, in addition to the cost of the item itself.
- Deadbolt Installation. Deadbolts are the most common type of door lock in most homes. Installation fees for a lock range from $40 to $75 plus the deadbolt’s purchase price.
- Key Extraction. The price of a key extraction might range anywhere from $50 to $200.
- Duplicating the keys. A locksmith will usually charge between $1 and $10 to make a copy of a house key. On the other hand, a transponder key that is programmed into your car’s security system could cost between $75 and $400 to make a copy.
- Opening safes. To open a safe by hand, a locksmith will charge at least $150. If a locksmith needs to use a drill to open the safe, you can expect to pay between $200 and $400.
The prices mentioned above are common in the locksmith industry since all locksmiths are familiar with the costs associated with providing these services. If you’re seeking a low-cost but high-quality locksmith service, The Locksmith Guy is your best choice. Get in touch with us as soon as possible.
Call now for a locksmith Largo FL